Institutional arrangements. November, 2014
- Setting up of Project Management Unit: June, 2014.
- Designation of IWAI as the Project Implementing Agency: October, 2014.
- Constitution of Project Oversight Committee (POC) to give critical guidance and evaluation of the project: September, 2014 .
- Setting up Project Implementation Units at Patna and Kolkata: April, 2016.
- Setting up a Public Grievance Redress Mechanism with a Toll Free Telephone (No.1800-180-4152) : December, 2016.
Detailed Feasibility Study on NW-1 and Detailed Engineering for Ancillary Works. August, 2016
- The Consultant: Joint venture of M/s Howe Engineering Projects (India) Pvt. Ltd., M/s HR Wallingford Ltd and M/s PMC Projects (India) Pvt. Ltd.
- Date of award: 25.05.2015.
- Status: Study ongoing.
Environmental and Social Impact Assessment (ESIA), Environmental Management Plan (EMP) and Resettlement Action Plan (RAP) November, 2015
- The Consultant: Joint Venture of M/s. EQMS India Pvt. Ltd., M/s. Abnaki Infrastructure Application & Integrated Development Pvt. Ltd. and IRG Systems South Asia Pvt. Ltd.
- Date of award: 24.03.2015.
- Status: Study completed.
- Consultant for EIA and EMP Study for Ghazipur and Kalughat terminals: M/s EQMS.
- Date of award: 22.11.17.
- Status: Draft EIA and EMP reports for Ghazipur submitted. Study for Kalughat terminal is in progress.
IWT sector development Strategy and Market Development Study on NW-1 April, 2016
- The Consultancy: Joint Venture of M/s. Hamburg Port Consulting, M/s. Universal Transport Consulting, M/s. IMS Imgenieusgesellchat Gmbh and M/s. Ramboll India.
- Date of award: 24.04.2015.
- Status: Study completed.
Support Services for Design of Inland vessels.
- The Consultant: M/s DST, Germany.
- Date of award: 19.08.2016.
- Status: Consultancy completed with submission of stipulated 13 designs. Designs accepted.
Ship Model Testing Dec. 2017
- The Contractor: M/s DST Germany.
- Date of award: 28.11.2017.
- Status: Testing ongoing. Expected to be completed by April, 2018.
Consultancy services for planning and implementation of commercialization on NW-1 March, 2018
- The Consultant: M/s Hamburg Port Consulting.
- Date of award: 31.01.2017.
- Status: Nine, out of 20, pilot movements of vessels conducted.
Project preparatory and definition study for development of ferry services on NW-1. November, 2018
- Consultant: JV of M/s Thompson Design Group and Massachusetts Institute of Technology/IAL.
- Date of award: 21.12.2016.
- Status: DPRs for the ferry services at Varanasi, Patna, Munger, Bhagalpur, Kolkata and Haldia are to be submitted by the Consultants. Pre-feasibility reports for Varanasi and Patna have been submitted.
Communications Needs Assessment Study for Jal Marg Vikas Project for capacity augmentation of navigational infrastructure on National Waterway-1. May, 2017
- Consultant: M/s. AMS Consulting (P) Limited, Lucknow.
- Date of award: 05.01.2017.
- Status: Report submitted by the Consultant.
- Action Taken:
- Around 60 news items on IWT have been published in national as well as vernacular press during the months of January – February, 2018.
- Production of a corporate movie initiated.
- Outdoor advertising ideas being sought from empaneled agencies.
Designing of JMVP website.14 weeks after signing the contract.
- Contractor: M/s. Compton Computers Pvt. Ltd, Kalkaji, Delhi.
- Date of award: 07.07.2017.
- Status: Security/Testing underway.
Consultancy services for study on the effect of navigational activities on dolphins in NW-1 One year after award of work.
- Consultant: M/s EQMS.
- Date of award: 20.12.2017.
- Status: Study ongoing.
Risk Assessment and Disaster Management Plan for NW-1 6 months after award of work.
- Status: Tender process in progress.
Consultancy Services for Asset Management & Operation Framework Development for NW-1 65 weeks after signing the contract
- Consultants: (1) M/s KPMG Advisory Services P. Ltd.; (2) M/s Maritime & Transport Business Solutions B.V.; and (3) Advaita Legal.
- Date of Award: 13th February, 2018
- Value : INR 7.95 crores.
- Status: Study underway.
Technical Support Services Consultant TSSC-I for Varanasi & Sahibganj TSSC-II for Haldia & Farakka.
For Project on Varanasi-Sahibganj Stretch (TSSC-I)
- Contractor: JV of M/s Egis India Consulting Engineers Pvt. Ltd & Egis France International.
- Date of Award: 22.01.2018.
- Date of Mobilization at site: 24.02.2018
- Project Manager-cum-Coordinator to be deployed at JMVP, Noida
projects on Farakka and Haldia stretch (TSSC-II)
- Contractor: Joint Venture of M/s Arkitechno Consultants (I) Pvt. Ltd, Bhubaneswar and M/s IR CLASS Systems & Structures Pvt. Ltd., Mumbai
- Date of award: 08.11.2017.
- Date of Mobilization at site: 15.11.2017
- Project Manager-cum-Coordinator deployed at JMVP, Noida
ESIA, EMP & RAP for additional interventions
- Tendering in progress and Agency shortlisted.
- RPF to be issued in the first week of March, 2018
- Estimated cost : INR 4.79 crores.
Note: The data-parent attribute makes sure that all collapsible elements under the specified parent will be closed when one of the collapsible item is shown.