Submitted by admin on
- A new state of the art navigational lock at Farakka in West Bengal, work awarded on 24th November, 2016 M/s L&T at a cost of Rs 359 crore.
- Time for operation to be reduced to 38 Minutes for average water level.
- Start date of the project: November, 2016.
- Completion date of the project: March, 2019
- Cabinet, in its meeting held on 06.01.2016, approved the proposal for transfer of 14.86 hectares of land from Farakka Barrage Project to Ministry of Shipping.
- Physical progress: 26.16%.
- Financial progress: ₹78.9 cr.